Do Police Need a Warrant to Search Automobiles Parked on Private Property? Earlier this year in Collins v. Virginia, the US Supreme Court (SCOTUS) addressed the issue of whether or not a police officer needs a warrant to search a...
Supreme Court Decision Renders Sports Betting Legal In All 50 States: Professional And Amateur Sports Protection Act Deemed Unconstitutional The US Supreme Court has recently struck down The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA). Previously, PASPA had forbidden sports...
United States Supreme Court: “Crime of Violence” is Unconstitutional In 2015, the United States Supreme Court declared part of a federal law’s definition which included the term “violent felony” unconstitutionally vague. See Johnson v. United States, 576 U.S. ___, 135...
Mental Illness Defined: A Roadblock to Mental Health Court Twenty years ago, mental health courts were all but non-existent. In fact, in 1997, there were as few as four mental health courts in the United States. Today, the number of...
Legalized Marijuana may be Prosecuted by the Federal Government According to Latest Justice Department Policy Nevada legalized medical marijuana in 2000, and in 2016, became one of eight states (not including the District of Columbia) that has legalized recreational marijuana....
Record Sealing can be Key to Obtaining Marijuana Agent Card The recent recreational legalization of marijuana has not only opened an entirely new industry here in Nevada, but it has also created many new employment opportunities. Today, many individuals are...
- Consequences of Refusing a DUI Breath or Blood Test March 6, 2019
- Supreme Court Decision Limits Civil Asset Forfeiture March 6, 2019
- Prosecutors May Have To Produce Evidence November 16, 2018
- MMJ Cardholders Cannot Own Firearms November 16, 2018
- DUI’S Ignition Interlock October 14, 2018
- NV Supreme Court Published Opinion September 29, 2018
- Rights During Vehicle Stops September 4, 2018
- Alexa Used As Evidence September 4, 2018
- Right To Open Carry August 28, 2018
- Warrant For Automobile Searches August 28, 2018